KEY APPLICATIONS AND BENEFITS
• High output and thermal exhaust energy suitable for electricity generation with steam applicable in simple and combined cycle operations
• Modular and compact design to optimize plant layout and maintenance accessibility
• Plant start-up ramp rate of 20MW in less then 5 minutes
• Well known proven design for EPC and O&M contractors with well-established and diversified supply chain ensuring parts availability for many years to come
• More than 1,300 6B units built by GE and its Business Associates accumulating more than 100 million operating hours
Model Manufacturer Generator Make
Zero Houred By
SC Heat Rate
SC Efficiency Frequency
: PG6561B : EGT : Alstom
: MARK V Speedtronic
: 40 MW
: 10,500 Btu/KWh
: 34 %
: 50 Hz
NOTE: All ratings are based on available data, ISO conditions and natural gas fuel. Actual performance will vary with project-specific conditions and fuel.
Reliable & Rugged
The MS6001B (6B) is a performance-proven 40 MW class gas turbine, designed for reliable 50/60 Hz power generation and 50,000hp class mechanical drive service. With availability well documented at 96.2 percent and reliability at 99.2 percent, it is the popular choice for efficient, low installed cost power generation or prime movers in midrange service.
The 6B is one of the most versatile and widely used gas turbines ever manufactured. With more than 900 units in service, it has accumulated more than 40 million operating hours, representing the widest range of applications: simple cycle, heat recovery application, combined cycle and mechanical drive. It can be installed fast for quick nearterm capacity.
The 6B is recognized as rugged and reliable to handle the multiple startups required for peak load service. It can accommodate a variety of fuels and is well-suited to Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) applications.
In combined cycle operation, the 6B is a solid performer at nearly 50 percent efficiency. Like all GE heavy-duty gas turbines, the 6B has earned a solid reputation for high reliability and low emissions. With a Dry Low NOx combustion system, the 6B can achieve less than 15 ppm NOx on natural gas.